Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Passion Planner: My Passion for Planners

Last post I warned you about a nerdy post. Well, here it is...

I love planners. And calendars. And clocks. I do and yes, I know it's weird. From the time I was a little girl I've adored writing in my planners and keeping track of all I do and have yet to be done. Again, I know that's weird.

The last couple of years I've stopped using written planners much to my disappointment. I just couldn't find one that felt functional for my new adult life. So I went to using my phone calendar alone--which is great, don't get me wrong! It has great features and reminders that help remember things like birthdays, medicine refills, appointments, and more. I love that reminder feature. But when it came to keeping track on my to-do's with my daily schedule, forget about it. Doesn't really work with the phone.

A couple weeks ago, my friend sent me this awesome link for basically the neatest planner ever! Fortunately she is weird like me and loves calendars, too, so I I knew I could trust her planner picking skills. It's called The Passion Planner. Y'all. This Passion Planner is the bomb dot com!!


All my trial sheets--not the best shot, but you get the idea.
It's so functional to my brain and my needs, especially in this time of my life. I'm not in school as a student any more, but I still have career aspirations and dreams to work towards. Each week and each day I have a focus to concentrate on, which is great for me. There's a split box for to-do's: personal and work. Hallelujah! Because there IS a difference between what needs to be done for work and home life and both are equally important. I tend to push a lot of personal to-do's to the side. But what's even better is that it divvies up the personal work to-do's in two sections, "top priority" and "priority." There's even a big box to free write, draw and take notes. Loved using that for whatever pertinent thought crosses my mind.

To be honest, I wasn't too sure about this planner only because it lacked color. It's just black and white. My gut told me, "buy it! It's perfect for you!" while my creative brain hollered back, "Where's the color? The intrigue? The imagination?!" Point taken so I went on a research binge of planners. I looked at every designer planner I heard of, polled facebook of all my planner friends to give me their recommendations, and dug a little bit deeper in the personal planning world. I tested example print outs and studied each potential planner carefully until I circled back to what my gut told me, the Passion Planner was the way to go.
 
I've made my purchase and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival in January! In the mean time I've printed off their trial forms and have stapled those together for the duration of December. It really is that wonderful that I couldn't wait until January!

Planners can be very personal and it does take some time and trial and error to find the right one for you. I'm pretty excited about my find and maybe I'll help another lost planner find the daily planner of their dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...