Thursday, November 6, 2014

Be Brave

In recent days I have come to realize how much I procrastinate and how often it tends to happen. More than that, I've come to realize how many of the things I put off are important personal things. It's been a little shocking and now that I know I do it, I find myself getting more and more irritated that it happens. But this realization has done wonders for me, too, because it has lit a fire under my rear end!

When I get irritated I get determined and when I get determined just watch out, that usually means I'm about to be on a pretty productive roll. There are lots of things that need to get done, but what I want to focus on are the steps I need to take to make my dreams a reality.

I think I've been slow to start in part of being scared, a little timid to start the steps in moving forward. In some ways following your dream can be a somewhat terrifying. You just don't know what's going to happen when you start down that path. What you hope for is the best, what you can expect is anything, and the outcome will always be a mystery.

I can hear the doubt in my head--I am my own worst enemy. They creep in, those tiny little questions of skepticism and they snuff out any light of hope for a dream. Isn't that awful? The one thing standing between me and my desires is me. Hence the procrastination. I'm putting off moving forward to prevent the doubt and pessimism, but it's not working. Instead I'm stuck in the middle of the road watching other friends and family move forward. I know though that deep down in my heart I'm going to regret not trying. I'm going to regret playing it safe and ignoring that thought of "what if?"

Bottom line is that if you want to live your dreams and give it a shot, you've got to take that leap of faith and do it. It's like Indian Jones stepping off the ledge onto the invisible bridge--you've got to trust. Of course, there's a lot to put into place to cover your hiney as much as possible but at some point you've got to let go and let God. Be. Brave.

So I'm starting small, baby steps in the right direction. Every tiny step forward makes my heart race with joy. That feeling right there is enough to keep me moving on to the next step. As I do, I'm going to keep telling myself, "Be brave, Julie. Keep going and be brave." It's all going to pay off if I just keep my chin up and keep on pushing through it all.


What makes you feel brave? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...