Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Challenging Myself

The Barre3 Spring Challenge is finally done and the day after it ended, I started the eight week challenge. Why? Am I crazy? Nuts? No, actually. My head is completely fine and I've decided to do this because when I committed to the challenge, I felt better.

I hit the first two weeks of the challenge with total determination to see it all the way through. I didn't really count on how serious my sugar cravings would be, never took into account how hard it would get watching my husband enjoy his burger and fries. Did I feel better without the sugar and the grease and salt? Absolutely! But the temptation was there.

The workouts? No sweat. Well, okay there was a lot of sweat, but I didn't really struggle to keep to the workout regiment of four classes a week--often times I'd go five or six times. I truly love taking class, the environment of Barre3, and most importantly, the philosophy of the company. It speaks to me. In any case, sporting my spandex and doing my barre3 one inch movements were totally worth it. I can definitely see the changes in my arms, my hips, my legs.  The meal plan though? I succumbed to sugary treats once or twice...maybe more.

The last two weeks I struggled with keeping the course. Birthday fun threw me off track and I couldn't get my mind back in the right place, the place where I was focused and committed to making a good change. I need a good change, want a good change. Clearly physically moving wasn't the problem once I settled on something I liked. It had to start with my eating habits.

So there ya go. That's why I've decided to keep going and staying the course. I liked the recipes and I enjoyed experimenting with new flavors and foods. The whole experience was such a positive one and I'm looking forward to pushing myself in this next one.

For now, I've got to go play with a puppy. She keeps trying to chew the computer and dropping toys on the keyboard. It's like she's trying to tell me something... Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...