Monday, May 12, 2014

Top Five: Didn't Know I Liked!

I pretty much spent all last week stretching my taste buds a bit and enjoyed some new and interesting flavors. I've never considered myself a picky eater, but I know I would have turned my nose up at a few items just because I'd never had them before or didn't care for them in the past. Me oh my, how surprised I was!

Top five things I've tried and didn't know I liked:

1. *Sung to the tune of "I Kissed a Girl"
I tried eggplant and I liked it! Baked up, it was so fantastic!
(And if you were wondering, I was singing this in my head the entire time I was eating it. Yes, it was just that good. )
 
2. Turnips--who knew turnips could make a rockin' soup?!
 
3. My peanut butter obsession grows to almond butter and sunflower butter.
 
4. Coconut milk? Yes please!
 
5. Well, I've always liked asparagus, but asparagus and eggs for breakfast is actually pretty awesome!
 
BONUS: Tahini--never used it before, but it's going to be a staple now!
 
 
The adventure continues this week as I start Week 2 of the Barre3 Challenge. I'm done a few pounds, feeling pretty great, and enjoying trying new and interesting dishes. What new things have you tried lately?
Quinoa bowl with chicken, steamed veggies, and a delicious Asian style sauce!

Shrimp and quinoa bowl with sugar snap peas, red cabbage, carrots, and flavorful dressing.

Energy smoothie--banana, coconut milk, berries, chia seeds, and almond butter. A new favorite for sure!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...