Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Busy Little Bee

It's been a busy start to this spring season. Once Spring Break ended, I hit the ground running. There was so much to be done at work and the projects, grading, and to-do's kept coming. I haven't had much chance to catch my breath until now. Things have slowed down but there is certainly plenty to do between now and May 10th. In fact, I really should be looking at work right now, but I'm giving myself permission to be a myself for a few minutes.

I've managed to carve out some time for personal to-do's. Pyro Man and I planted our garden and we've got so much coming in already! Summer squash is growing like crazy and our onions have popped up. I can see cantaloupe making their way up, green beans, cucumbers, and watermelon. Our tomatoes and peppers seem to be enjoying the spring weather. Pyro Man build an easy green house around the plants when a cold snap came through this past weekend. We're going to have to put up chicken wire around it this weekend to keep a certain fur ball from running through the garden plot.

That's right, we finally brought Penny home! She's a fireball for sure! A very active pup, she likes to play hard and then sleep hard. In two weeks we've already pretty well destroyed all three of her stuffed woobies (read: Stuffed Squeaky Animals). I'm going to see if I can possible sew them back together. She loves to chew on anything and her favorite thing in the world is a good belly rub. She also likes peanut butter. A lot. What can I say? She's definitely my dog.

The kitties are adjusting just fine. They let Penny know who is boss in this house but they're still working on getting used to her. I'm sure it will take some time, but that's expected. We're all one fuzzy happy family now!

Well, it's time to get back to the grind. A few pictures before I go though!


Puppy's first bath! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...