Saturday, March 22, 2014

StrawB Banana PB Smoothie

Any time I can find a way to put peanut butter into something, I will do it. And when my mind settles on a certain concoction to make, I have to do it. So Friday I got a little crazy with my afternoon pick me up. Well, not really crazy, I just mixed up the flavors of my favorite Chocolate Banana Smoothie.

I had a hankering for a strawberry smoothie yesterday like no other, but since it was a meatless Friday for me, I needed my smoothie to stick to my ribs until dinner. Of course peanut butter came to mind as a protein source since I kinda sorta absolutely adore it. Adding a banana for potassium and soy milk for that creamy texture, I think I came out with a repeat smoothie!

StrawB Banana PB Smoothie

1 banana
4-6 frozen strawberries
3/4 cup of soy milk (or regular milk or almond milk--whatever floats your boat)
1/4-1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (for a little sweetness)
1 Tbsp of creamy peanut butter (or almond butter--up to you!)

Throw all ingredients into a blender, pulse it a few times until it's mixed up. Pour into your favorite class and enjoy!

My favorite cup is this plastic mason jar my mom sent me last Valentine's.
You can buy a size bigger at Target. SUPER handy to have around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...