Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

Spring break is definitely over. I hit the ground running on Monday and it looks like it's not going to slow down for the next three weeks. I've got projects out the wahzoo to grade, students to meet with and register for fall classes, lectures and classes to plan...(cue the violin music)

OK--I won't be a Debbie Downer about it. I'm going to put my nose to grind stone, work hard when I have to work, and celebrate with a Hideaway's pizza and a big glass of wine at the end of it. Just for clarification, Hideaways' Pizza is a local Oklahoma pizza chain that has the best pizza in the world. Seriously. So it's a nice way to treat myself after all that work. Oh. And puppy time with Penelope....BECAUSE SHE'S COMING HOME IN TEN DAYS!!!

I cannot contain my excitement for this new little fur ball to start roaming our house. Yes, I'm sure the first couple of weeks will be an adjustment for us all--the early morning walks, the traumatized kitties battling the new invader, the new land mines in the backyard, etc. But you know, we'll be just fine and having that little cutie here will be totally worth it.

When I have a challenge set in front of me, I know I have two choices: freak out and panic OR take the bull by the horns and charge on. Most of the time I can do just that...after a little procrastination...like writing a blog for the day...but charging on can be a challenge. So I set myself things to look forward to at the end of it all, like pizza and a puppy. When I start to panic, I take a deep breath, pull myself together, and say, "Julie, you can do this. It's not the hardest thing in the world. This is all doable and completely possible. Just get your butt in gear and keep moving forward."

*Sidenote: I talk to myself A LOT. Keeps me sane, you know?

Well, anyway, it's time to get back to work, grade some papers, and keep moving through the stack. I'm going to make sure I reward myself with some blogging down time now and again this week. Happy Hump Day!

How do you get yourself through busy times? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...