Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hello Morning!

This week has flown by it seems! I'm a short two weeks away from Spring Break and this time, even though I'm always excited for a little down time, I'm not praying for it to get here sooner. I feel this is a huge grown up moment for me, not being so overwhelmed I'm wishing for vacation to arrive sooner. I'm staying on top of things, but I'm not caught up, but I'm not freaking out...it's so weird that it's almost freaking me out.

In any case, have lots of grading to do and things to finish up before the next have of the semester starts. Next weekend I'm going to judge my first competition and I am beyond thrilled to do so--it's something I've wanted to do for a while and I finally made some time this semester to squeeze in a few.

This Sunday I'm cooking up a pot of gumbo for Mardi Gras! Gotta do it early since I won't have time with work on Tuesday. After that begins one of my favorite times of the year, Lent. There's something about it that really makes you do some deep thinking and a little soul searching and I find it very therapeutic.

I've also been working on some plans and researching some ideas to make some changes in my life. I'm really excited about them--excited enough that I get butterflies in my stomach and an adrenaline rush just thinking about taking some new steps to make new things happen. The power of positivity and spring time. Seriously, spring time has always inspired the positive change in my life and good things always happen to me in the spring. It's my favorite season, right before fall.

OK--I'm better get my happy butt off and running so I can start the day and keeping focusing on my plans! In the mean time, here's a precious picture of Penny from last week. I can't help it--I'm so excited to bring her home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...