Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Week of Greats

This has been a week of greats! I've had several great days and great experiences and great things to look forward to. Don't you love when you hit a jackpot week like that? I've felt like I just wanted to shout, "FINALLY!" all day long.
I made Salt & Vinegar Kale chips--first time ever eating kale.
It's wonderful!

I don't want to over think how or why I've had such a wonderful week, but I'm convinced it's because I've been actively trying to be more active. Endorphins, they do a body, mind, and soul good. It's the only explanation I have for what a wonderful week it's been.
See, I started taking Barre3 classes this week. It's a mix between yoga, pilates, and ballet barre. Is it like taking a ballet class? Not really. No tendus, degages, pirouettes, or grand jetes, but it does move me in a familiar way. I need something that speaks to my dancer heart and while I may not be able to train like I did in school, I can at least find something that's second best to dancing.

Going to these classes somehow tapped in to my creative mind and bam! I found I was much more enthusiastic about creating my lesson plans.

Not only that, new ideas and combinations started bubbling up and it overflowed into my work. I couldn't believe how much more my mind was opened this week. Really goes to show that doing is much more beneficial than sitting and thinking.

I finished a project I'd been working the last couple of weeks on, a crocheted shawl. Again, in keeping with my Use What You've Got theme this year, I finished up a scarf I started crocheting last year and moved on to a project I'd been dying to do. I've always wanted to crochet a blanket--I just needed to learn how, hence the scarf project. Well, this shawl was taken apart and redone I don't know how many times. I was determined for it look lovely and unfortunately I lost count of stitches on more than one occasion. I think Pyro Man despaired if I'd ever finish the darn thing. BUT I DID!


It was also Valentine's this week and we had a lovely one. Flowers, chocolates, steaks, good conversation, and good wine. I don't know that it could have been any better. This was the 2nd Valentines we'd gotten to spend together. Every other one we'd either been living in different cities or working on the actual holiday. But like I told Pyro Man, every day with him really is Valentines (Yeah, yeah,  it's a little cheesy, but I love the guy and he makes me happy.).




I have a feeling that this week is going to be a good one, too. Pyro Man and I got some great news Monday morning and we're off this next weekend on an adventure to check it out. More to come on that soon! Today we're working on the yard, getting it set up for some spring gardening. I've got a tad bit of work and household chores to do, too.

With that, I better swallow the last of my coffee and get the day started. Happy Sunday! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for all of these great things! I've been wanting to try the barre 3 class. It sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...