Thursday, May 2, 2013

Almost There

School year is coming to a close, next week are finals! I can't even believe that this year is already coming to an end. Technically it's the end of my second year teaching in higher ed, but truly my first full year at this particular university. It's been a full one for sure.

But as the end draws near and the students summer fever grows ever more intense, I find myself longing for some much needed down time. My mind wanders into pockets of summer day dreams filled with sweet tea, summertime reading lists, and a chance to catch up with myself. That sounds so funny and yet it's so true! Everything about this semester has kept me running and my backside is so far behind, I need to give a chance to catch up!

I could list every hopeful summertime accomplishment I have for myself (And yes, I've already started a long list of goals and "to-do's" for the coming months.), but I think I'll keep it short:

Bake. More.

Yes, I know, I tend to bake quite a bit right now, but not nearly as much as I'd like. Plus I have a so many mouthwatering recipes on my Pinterest boards, I can't resist using down time to try a few out. Of course that goes against my plan to get super fit this summer, but it's all about balance really...

In any case, I started my summer baking off with a squeeze. See when I think of summer, I think of sunshine. When I think of sunshine, I think of beaches. When I think beaches, I think of Florida. When I think of Florida, I think of oranges and that means that summer is really all about oranges. See how that works?

I found this recipe for an Orange Zest cookie that I had to whip up. It was easy, simple, and the perfect answer to a sweet tooth.

        Eat with caution--they are pretty sweet! 


Tonight I tried another recipe (even though my tired self tried so hard to convince my brain to just order Hideaway Pizza, aka the best pizza on the face of the planet!). "Better Than Take Out" Chicken Fried Rice proved to be a delicious and certainly less greasy option.

I added red bell pepper and broccoli to mine. I like the extra veggies. Go figure. 

And although I really enjoy this blog and I appreciate the sweet people that take time to read it, I am beyond exhausted now and cannot possible keep my eye lids open another moment. That being said, click on the links for these delicious recipes! 

Happy May to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...