Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Welcome, 2013! I'm excited to see what this year holds in store for me!

2012 was quite a year for me. It started with a brand new job I'd only ever dreamt about. February my sister announced she and her husband were expecting a baby in August! I remember crying, I was so excited for this new addition. By May I'd completed my first full year teaching in higher education (before the age of 25--is that not crazy?). June brought a wonderful bridal shower thrown by my sweet bridesmaids and family. But July really took the cake.

It started when my best friends came to town, a Pizza Panty Party as my bachelorette shin-dig, and a fantastic wedding rehearsal and dinner. Then came the real show stopper, the wedding. July 7th at 6:00 pm, I walked down the aisle towards the man of my dreams and said, "I do" to my now husband. It was a magical night, enchanted and remarkable, one I'll never forget!

After our weekend of celebration, Pyro Man and I took off on our paradise honeymoon vacation, Hawaii! Following that I helped throw a full out girly baby shower for my sister and future niece, Madeleine Elizabeth! August? Well, Pyro Man and I packed up our lives, moved to Oklahoma, and I quickly jetted off to Florida to watch my best friend, Karley, marry her main man.

School started and I earned some new responsibilities. Big Sister gave birth to our beautiful Madeleine! She's a precious bundle of joy we all love so much. Pyro Man and I found out his brother and wife are expecting another little one in May! Looks like we'll be aunt and uncle a third time around! Pyro Man and I had our first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas together as a married couple. All in all, I like this married life. It's nice having a partner by your side and the possibility of a hug any time of the day, especially on the days your really need one.

Looking back at this entry, it doesn't seem like enough to fill up a year, but all these simple words sum up to the biggest events of my life. I started a grown up life on my own, making my own money, on my own insurance--pretty big steps for first timer. I started a new life with a man, making household decisions together, life decisions together, even picking out Christmas trees together--everything is together. I became an aunt to my sister's daughter--what an incredible experience it is to watch your Big Sister become a mother.

2012, you were good to me and I'm hoping 2013 is just as memorable. I like to do New Year's resolutions, but some years they don't always work out, especially if they're complicated. The best year I was able to stick to was 2006. I made the resolution to be happy. And I was.

This year is "No Excuse New Year!" No more excuses for me. No more making excuses into reasons. If I don't have a legit reason, I can't get out of it. That means keeping up with my goals even if it gets hard and I fall down. There's no excuse for not going for something, for not being brave, for not trying harder. I can always be better, work smarter, figure it out, and this year I intend to do just that.

So welcome 2013! I'm ready for you and I'm ready for all that you'll bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...