Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Welcome to the World, Baby Madeleine!

On a bright Saturday morning last February, I got a call from my Big Sister. In true Julie fashion, I rattled on about who knows what until I finally her asked, "what's up, Big Sister?"

"Oh, well, I've got some news," she casually replied. 

"Oh yeah? Tell me!" I'm such a little sister, anxious for new. 

"Well...Jason and I are having a baby!"

I then proceeded to weep and blubber on about how excited I was and congratulations and oh my gosh, you're going to be a mom! It was a very moving moment. I'm pretty sure Big Sister was laughing at my hysterics and repetitious exclamations of pure joy.

A few months later, we found out Baby Bean was a precious little girl! Pink, curls, sparkles, and bows! My little niece and I are going to have so much fun together, I just knew it! All I had to do was be patient until Baby Bean was made her grand debut on August 28th.

As her due date grew closer, we all debated just when exactly was Baby coming. Doctors moved up her date and then pushed it back a few times. We waited patiently just hoping Baby Bean would make her way safely into the world. By August 26th, Big Sister knew Baby Bean was either going to arrive right on time just like her dad or fashionably late like her mama. Well, we found out she's prompt just like her papa.

Baby Madeleine Elizabeth Duff arrived at 9:03 pm on August 28th, 7.5 lbs and 20 in long! 
(Middle name is for her Nannie Julie--Lucky little girl!)


She's a precious bundle of joy! Pyro Man and I got to visit the weekend after she was born and I had the best time just holding her. She is a beautiful creature and I can't believe she is actually here, a perfect combination of her mother and father. 

I'm always happy to hear about a friend's new niece or nephew. Babies are so precious and who doesn't love to hold their little hands or play with their little toes? I'm head over heels for my precious nephew, Michael, who is a hambone and a half. But seeing my Big Sister go through this wonderful miracle of pregnancy and holding her baby, her baby, I'm in complete and utter awe. 

Sometimes I think Big Sister should be back in the 5th grade reading The Babysitter's Club and trying to convince me that playing The Quiet Game was actually fun. Now here she is, a new mom with a brand new baby girl who is just that, brand new. Pregnancy, nature's coolest science fair project; taking two loving people and creating one unique human being. Madeleine has gotten me seeing babies in a whole new light.  

Don't get any crazy ideas, I'm all about being fun Nannie Julie/Aunt Ju-Ju right now! Bring on the weekend babysitting! When she gets big enough, I'll buy Madeleine her very first pair of tights and ballet shoes. And now for the better part of this post, more pictures of my sweet baby niece! 


We're going home! 


Papa Gary is wrapped around her little finger! 

Such a little Southern Lady in her seersucker bow!



Oh, sweet Madeleine, you are already loved beyond words! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...