Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello 2012...

... I've been expecting you. At times I would have said that 2011 creeped and crawled on while other moments I would have sworn that time flew past my face. It was a roller coaster year with ups, downs, twists, turns, and some very slow moments in between. Overall it was a growing year and I can honestly say I'm ready for this fresh start. There's so much excitement and new adventures for me that I can hardly wait.

First of all, I moved. I'm back in Oklahoma City for...(drum roll please)...my new job! Yay! A great opportunity crossed my path and I am happy to say I was lucky enough to be offered the position. My contract started Monday and I'll start teaching this coming Monday. There's lots to do and I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed just yet.

In moving, one usually finds a new residence. Well, I sort of found a new residence. Back in my cute 1926 apartment complex, different apartment. It's got some quirks like the last one, part of it's character, it's charm. I also have Sasquatch living above me and let me tell you, he is loud. I want to know what in tarnation is he doing up there? Tromping around and shaking things off my ceiling. Not really, but it's going to happen one of these days.

2012 also brings a new change I can't wait to begin. I'm getting married to my very own Prince Charming. Tomorrow, January 6th will mark one year of begin engaged to my Pyro Man. Saturday, January 7th marks our six month mark to our wedding. Can't even believe we're this close. I thought it would never get here.

So here goes a new year, a new start, and a new name change. I'm ready for you 2012. Just please let's have a few less meltdowns, but I think you've already set yourself up to be a fabulous year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...