Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Practice What I Teach

Ever had a moment when your mother turned to you and said, "Do as I say, not as I do." Well, I'm having a "motherly" moment, so to speak.

Since I've started teaching this Body Conditioning class, I've had to really take a good look at how I'm keeping up with my own personal body conditioning. It's one thing to have a personal regime to keep up with, one that only you know and follow. Now I'm somewhat under a microscope. I really need to step up my game, make sure I'm not slacking, and start following my own good advice. 

Uh-oh. Know what this means? No more cheating. No more skipping workouts. No more indulging on the sweet tea and Chik-fil-a sandwiches. OK, I sometimes eat their fries, too. I can't lie, I love them! *Sigh* Time to get tough. 

Not like I've never tightened my belt before, of course I have. It just means I have to resist the ever enticing giant red "C" that calls to me. Gosh, if that ain't a difficult enough, now I have to be conscious about it. So, where do I start with all this?

First thing is first. Diet. OK, now I've already got some pretty decent habits to work with, but I really struggle with lunch. It never fails that at lunch time I struggle to find something I want to eat. Let's be honest here, I like food and I want to enjoy every meal I eat. There's nothing worse than wasting calories on something you don't love. CanI get an "amen?!" (Amen!)

 This week I'm really going to try and make an effort to spruce up my lunch meals. So tomorrow I'm going to give this one a try: 

Peanut Butter & Fruit Wrap 
(Perfect for me, no?)

1/4 cup of peanut butter
2 whole wheat wraps 
1 banana & sliced (or apple or mango slices)
4 dried apricots (or any other dried fruit)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

Spread two tablespoons on each wrap and then evenly distribute the fresh fruit and dried fruit. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the fruit and peanut butter before rolling up the wrap.

Supposed to be a great meal for on the go or a leisurely lunch. I'll let you know how my quest for better lunches turns out. Hope you all have a happy Hump Day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...