Monday, September 12, 2011

Autumn, Is That You?

It finally, finally cooled down a bit here in Texas. After so many sweltering days over 100*, one begins to worry if they will ever feel a cool breeze again. Naturally when the weather drops, I begin to day dream of warm sweaters, beautiful scarves, and gorgeous leather boots. And as usual, my day dreams about two months ahead of schedule. Silly girl, real fall weather doesn't hit Texas at least until October and true to it's nature, we're back up in the 90's today.

*Sigh* A girl can dream, right? In the mean time, I'll get myself prepared for the seasonal change with pumpkin spice lattes, apple spice scented Scentsy bars, and fall fashion magazines.

The wedding planning continues as Pyro Man and I search for the perfect honeymoon spot. This is becoming a real challenge for the both us as we work within our set parameters. Really we want to find a beautiful beach, enjoy the sand and sun, savor meals at delicious restaurants, try a few outdoor activities and relax for about so amount of money. So simple and yet so hard. He's been working pretty hard to find the right spot and we've got some good choices. It will all work out.

I'm on the hunt for just the right invitations. There are plenty of options out there but I'm pretty sure I've got an idea of what I want. I just haven't found it yet. The same goes for bridesmaid dresses, wedding shoes, flowers, table decorations, and so forth. I believe my mother is finding me to be a wee bit picky on some details. I prefer "particular" to "picky." Hey, it's a special day. You get out of something what you put into it! I want it to be something I look back on with a twinkle in my eye and a sigh of utter satisfaction.

School is going well and it's keeping me busy. I can't explain how satisfying it is to have a full calendar again. There's a sense of purpose every day I get up and make a to-do list rather than a lost feeling of "what am I doing?" I hate feeling a blue cloud of frustration linger over my head when I've got too much free time.

Before I sign off here for a quick pilates session, I do want to wish my mother a belated Happy Heart Day! She's going on 14 years since her open heart surgery! Yay Mom!

After the big day! The whole family came to wish her well! (Can you believe that tan, blond-headed thing in the cheerleading uniform is me? Goodness!) 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and a good start to the week! Yesterday's remembrance reminded me to counting a few blessings and saying a few thank you's, hope it did for you, too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...