Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School!

It's practically one of my favorite times of the year, back to school! I can't lie, it's only because of new school supplies. There is nothing better than getting a fresh new notebook full of crisp, clean white paper just waiting for me to doodle on--er uh! I mean, take notes on. I love searching for a new planner where I can fill it in with color coded due dates, events, and more--it just makes my inner nerd gleefully happy!

This year is a little different since I'm on the other side of the table now. Starting in about ten days I will begin my first teaching job and I'm very excited! Also a little busy trying to pull everything together, nervous because the time is drawing near, and a little anxious to get started. I suppose that's the way all new adventures go.

In the mean time, I've been trying to get a bit done on this wedding. We ended up changing our date because we found a different venue that Pyro Man and I adored even more. Ain't that the way it goes? You find your ideal after everything has been done. Story of my life. Two days after signing a contract with our original site we found this beautiful place that everyone fell in love with; Little house by the lake, screened in porch, beautiful foliage, antique stage for a band, plenty of room for dancing, and a big possibility for gorgeous decorations. Perfect! Except...they didn't have our original date. Lucky for us, they had another opening and we were able to get out of our first contract without any loss.

Then I hit a brick wall. I kinda went backwards in my planning and now I'm reaping the consequences. We picked a funky date and now we're not sure the church will be available for our date--See, we should have set-up with church first and THEN found our reception site because you know, getting married you kind of need a ceremony to make it legit. Details, whatever (TOTAL sarcasm.). But I was trying to get everything done in one spot. Then I changed my mind. Then I hit this wall. And now, here we are. *SIGH*


Oh, the complications and hurdles! 

If there is a simple way of doing something and a more complicated, convoluted, confusing route to take, you can bet dollars to donuts I will take the later because that's just the way I roll. It's not the end of the world. We will get this worked out, I just have to look at this as a good challenge and learning experience. One of many more, I am sure. What I'm working towards is that happy day when I get to say "I do" to my honey!

Yay! Happy Bride! 

Enough of an internet break, time to dive back in to my to-do list and get cracking! I've got a mile long list of things that absolutely have to get done this week, no exceptions--Got to stay on top of myself here! Happy Monday to all and a big Happy Birthday to my future sister-in-law, Abby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...