Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summertime's Here!

Well, folks, we're exactly half-way through with June. Can you believe it? It brings us closer to July which means that we're right around the corner from August which in turn means we're about to start school. So really, if you follow my train of thought, we should start school this coming Monday. 

Okay, maybe not. 

Earlier in the month I got to ring in several birthdays including my grandmother's (Happy Birthday, Grandma!) and my mother's (Happy Birthday, Mom!). Celebrate we did. Lots of petite fours and delicious birthday meals! The rest of this month will be spent recovering from the sugar overload. Yeesh. 

I'll also be spending a great deal of time planning out classes for a kids camp I'm working this summer--Yay!  A summer job! I'll be teaching kids eight through thirteen eight times a day for about three weeks. They'll learn about dance, some jazz, a little music theater, and (brace yourself) hip-hop. Which leads to a burning question, who wants to take hip-hop with me? I'm a little rusty and am in need of a class. I'll be taking volunteers all week and don't worry, I'll be sure to share the embarrassment *ahem* experience with my readers.   

I was thinking back on last summer's adventures and realized that I was just getting the foundation of my thesis flushed out on paper. Somehow I can't wrap my brain around the fact that it's been a year since I started on the downhill slope of graduate school. At the time, I couldn't even imagine being completely finished with school. What's even more strange is that almost six months has past since graduation. Okay, enough reminiscing, time for a little work to be done. 

Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...