Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dancing in Dallas

So I graduated, right? Like five months ago and I've found that there are some definite things about school that I miss:

1) Having a busy schedule with due dates, big projects, deadlines, and creative stress. But that's not the point of this post. This is:

2) Having at least two dance classes a day.

I cannot tell you how much of a difference it makes when you go from a regimented schedule of dancing to a sporadic schedule of classes here and there. Part of this comes from the problem that I just don't know where to go, more specifically, where to go for adult classes. Let's be honest, it's not my first choice to a high school competition jazz class, but I would do it if it meant I got to take a jazz class at all.   I don't live in NYC, the mecca for dancing artists, I live in Dallas and although there are a lot of studios, I don't have a clear direction to go.

In any case, this particular post is not for complaining. I'm hoping for any dancers in Dallas this might be of some help. For the next month I'll be trying classes at different studios and then positing about it here. Why? Well for one thing, it gets me moving and dancing more. For another, it's a way to help adult Dallas dancers find something out there whether it's for the summer or the rest of the year. There's nothing more frustrating than not being able to do what you love.

*Warning: These posts are not for critiquing. If anything, these posts are informational. I'll let you know what kind of class (Ballet, Jazz, Tap, other), where, how much, how long, and what you'll find there.

If you know of classes that you like, tell me! If you know of a class, but don't want to try it out alone, contact me--I'd love to try new things. I hope this helps out some dancers in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...