Friday, March 18, 2011

I Can Breathe!!

Today I am finally feeling like a normal person, able to breathe through both nostrils. Last week I was hit with a horrible sinus infection while I was on route to an audition. Never have I ever had such a sore throat in all my life. It lasted two days before I cracked and went to the doctor. Also didn't help that I sounded like  James Earl Jones when I woke up in the morning. Julie...You are sick. The doctor said I couldn't cash in my antibiotic prescription until things got worse. I believe that's when my body started to retaliate as if to say "Fine! I'll show you what's worse!"


Anyway, the road trip went on as planned and I armed myself with anti-histamines, kleenex, and hand soap. The MFA ladies and I packed up my car Thursday and headed for St. Louis on Friday for our Saturday audition. Leigh Anne and I drove back to OKC on Sunday and the next morning we were up at 4:00 a.m. to get her to the airport while I kept on driving home to Dallas. Needless to say, the trip wore me out.

I've fully recovered and almost done with my antibiotic. There is nothing worse than being sick and away from the comforts of home. I had a lot of fun being with some of my girlfriends again, I just wished I hadn't felt so rotten. I went through a box and a half of kleenex on our drive to OKC and I spent about three days trying to treat my red, raw nose. Gross.

I've got one more audition planned for the month: Disney. Next week I'll fly out to Orlando, audition and catch up with friends. I'm really excited to go and I'm crossing fingers and toes this one works out for me. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get some work in, a little family time, and do some wedding planning. Pyro Man and I are finally going to look at one of our top venues this Monday (Thanktheheavenlystars). My goal is to get a date set by the first of May. I'm determined to make this happen. Without a venue, it's a little hard to keep going in the planning.

I've got a laundry list of things to get started on and a ladies lunch with my mother and my aunt. Time to get off here and get to cracking the whip. Wishing everyone a happy, happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie,
    Your blog has always been such a pleasure to read. I am passing along the One Lovely Day Award. Please go to my blog at http://threadsandtraces.blogspot.com/ for details and to pick up your award. Thank you.
    --Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...