Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sew Excited!

Last May, my mother gave me a beautiful sewing machine for my birthday!

*See tired sunburned Julie with her beautiful new machine. I had just gotten back from my trip to Disney World and I was the color of that red ladybug ribbon. Well, my backside was far worse and let me tell you, that was one painful flight home.*


In any case, that sewing machine has been sitting in my room ever since just waiting for me to take a crack at it. Well, I'm finally going to do it! Tuesday I have a private lesson set-up so I can finally learn on to sew on my little machine! Hooray!

If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited! Mom is a wiz on the sewing machine and she has done some beautiful work. From Halloween costumes to my sister's wedding dress (which she hand beaded), she's done it all. For a long time she sewed costumes for local theaters and dance costumes including all my solo pieces.

I've always thought, "Geez, my future kids are going to be gipped because I could never do what Mom did for her kiddos." She also French braided our hair and I'm no good with that either, but I don't think Honey the Kitty will want her fur braided any time soon.

Now that I'm finally going to learn how to sew, I don't have to worry about gipped kids (or kitties)! It's been a long time since I've been on a machine and when I was, I was shaking so bad that I'd like to never get a straight seam sewn. Guess that means I need to take some time before I work my way up to some challenges. I'd just like to be able to sew myself a spring dress!

For now I think I'll get just acquainted my with machine with the first big step, giving it a name. I'll let you know if I sew my finger on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...