Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saint Valentine

I love Valentines Day. Despite how most of the population dreads Singles Awareness Day, I've never thought it as such. Maybe that's because my parents always made it a special day to celebrate all the love we have in our lives. Most every Valentines I would find some card and a little box of chocolates sitting at our breakfast plates. When I left for college, these little messages of love came through the mail instead.

Remember in elementary school how we'd have Valentines parties and everyone would make a special mailbox so they could get cards and candy from friends? Are they still doing that? One year I made a violin Valentine box when I started orchestra--I think that was the best one I ever made.

In any case, I was shocked to see how low in supply stores have been for boxes of Valentines. What happened? Are kids not doing that any more?  I think it's fun to send Valentines to friends and tell them how much I love them. If you didn't get a chance before, Valentines was the best time! So dear readers, I'm wishing you a Happy Valentines and hope you like your virtual cards!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...