Friday, February 11, 2011

Predicament

I have a situation. Well,  two activities I'd like to do this coming Monday. So it's not really a dire situation, more like I'm being a bit dramatic over this conundrum that I'm having. 

In order to explain my predicament, I have to set the scene. Pyro Man has recently moved and we're now only and hour away from each other instead of four (Yay!) Now we're able to see each other more often which is fabulous, BUT he has a new job that keeps him working odd hours. 

Mind you, I'm not complaining. He's got a job (hooray!) and I'm...still working on that one. While I'm searching for auditions, keeping in shape, and planning our wedding to be, there is still plenty of time to see him on whenever he is off work. My boss right now (me) allows pretty flexible hours, thank goodness. 

OK! Here's the thing. As we all know, Valentines Day is this coming Monday. I've already told you how I love Valentines, it's so pretty, what a lovely holiday, yadda yadda yadda. It's also the day you should spend with your loved ones, right? Right!

(Pryo Man, cover your eyes for this next part.)

Except....The Pioneer Woman has a book signing IN DALLAS this coming Monday, VALENTINES DAY!! 

What's a girl to do?! I've followed the Pioneer Woman blog for over year, tried a great deal of her recipes, bought her cookbook (which is now covered in my notes and food splatters), and even bought her newest book, Black Wheels to Tractor Wheels. I love PW and the happiness she brings to my kitchen. In short, I have to meet her. 

Here I sit, trying to figure out how I can go to her signing while still making a date with my fiance for Valentines. I'm racked with guilt if I make him go with me--I mean, what can I do to make this book signing appealing to him? Is there a deal I could strike with him like we go to this book signing and I promise I'll go to Cabelas with him for eight hours straight? 

Or, I don't go, spend Valentines Day with my love and quietly die inside because I won't get to meet this author I admire so much (How's the dramatization of this going so far? Are you getting the feeling that I'll be crushed if I don't meet PW?). 

But wait. What's this? A book tour schedule! Well, I'll be darned--there's a signing in Norman, OK! And better yet, I'll in OKC during that week anyway! HUZZAH! My predicament is solved!

(Pyro Man, you can uncover your eyes now!)

Well, that worked out well. Still get a hot date with Pyro Man and I get to go to the book signing. Good Friday after all. 

On another note, I just found out this morning there will only be one Rockette audition this year in New York City. Dang. The competition just went up. Better go buy my plane ticket and get my rump in gear! Happy Friday!! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Julie. You crack me up! I love this blog.. and I MISS YOU! Can't wait til you come back to us!!! :-) MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PIONEER WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sorry. I get so excited when I think about her chili and flat apple pies and her new book.

    And chaps.

    I like chaps.

    <3 Stina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great writer Jules!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...