Friday, November 12, 2010

Suzy Homemaker

I like to bake. I like to cook. I like to clean. Wait, no I don't--I like to make PILES of stuff and tidy up, but I'm not an obsessive cleaner. I'm definitely not attached to my cleaning supplies. Guess what I'm trying to say is that I enjoy doing some very Suzy Homemaker things around my house. To me, they're fun activities, sans the cleaning part, and also something TOTALLY unrelated to what I study/what will be my career. Well, today I'm adding to that list with embroidery.

A long time again when Big Sister and I were just kids, Mom taught us how to do different crafty things like how to crochet, knit, sew, cross-stitch, and embroider. Friendship bracelets--anyone remember those? Anyway, I really enjoyed it and still have some of the little projects we did. Then we grew up, grew to have different interests, and life continued to be very busy until recently.

I'm a busy person. I like to have a good amount of stuff on my plate because I never get bored. Personal Motto: I'd rather be busy than bored. At this moment I don't have enough to do--plenty of pressure to get a job and finish up school...I'll you know when something turns up. However, there is definitely not enough activity for me to be a happy camper, hence my feeling prickly this week.
 Most afternoons I finish work and by 7:00/8:00, I'm out of things to do. Oh there's reading. I've read about three books in the last two weeks and just started my fourth. But I've been looking for something to do, to sink my teeth into. So I picked up the embroidery again.

Around my birthday I asked for tea towels and embroidery patterns. Why? Well, I remember my Mom and Grandma used to have dish towels that were embroidered with geese and the days of the week. For some reason, I felt I needed some in my kitchen. That and I also wanted a project to do at night other that homework.

Hallelujah! I have an activity to keep me going! It's fun! It's a mess right now, but who cares, right?! I'm working on something that's entertaining and makes me happy and doesn't keep tipping the scale the wrong way! Now if only I can do this while walking...hmm...

In any case, I think I've flung myself full force into this project--I'm sure it'll be my obsession at least for the next few weeks. It's like cereal, I get hooked on something and it sticks for a LONG time. I think I ate Special K for about 4 years before I officially moved on to Honey Nut Cheerios. I'm weird that way.

Currently I've got these little towels to finish.

I don't think I'll get them all done before Christmas, but there's a Twelve Days of Chirstmas set and even these precious Santas!
I know, it's a bit overkill right now, but hey. I've got my happy for a little while and that's all that matters right now. I'm still working on a new exercise activity that will help wake my body--don't get me wrong, I love to dance. I just need something else to keep me from feeling bored. Ack. Hate that word. Suggestions please!

TWO WEEKS UNTIL THANKSGIVING! 35 DAYS UNTIL GRADUATION!!

Happy Friday everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late on this one...trying to catch up to all things internet.

    I thought these would make a cute addition to your tea towel fun...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=350415335542

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...