Monday, November 29, 2010

Deck The Halls

Thanksgiving is officially over and it's time to move on to Christmas. Every year I'm always surprised how fast the holidays sneak up on me. I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit right now so that I can savor every moment! These next few weeks are going to fly by; I only have two weeks of classes and a week of finals before I graduate and put the lid of my school days. I. Can't. Wait.

This year's Thanksgiving was a bit different this year. We ended up at a restaurant for our Turkey feast and spent the afternoon watching the Cowboys lose to the Saints in Grandmas' hospital room. This is definitely not a annual occurance, it just so happened we had a hiccup the week prior to Turkey Day.

Last Friday my Grandmother was extremely ill and ended up spending a little over a week in the hospital. My dog, Piper, actually got sick at the same time and she had to stay in the vet's office for quite a few days. She's finally getting back to her normal self, but she scared us for a while.

Grandma is doing better each and every day, but there's still a long road of recovery left for her. The doctors are still not sure exactly what caused her illness and we may never know--I sure am glad that she's come back to us. Today she'll be moving to a skilled nursing facility where she can learn to get her strength back. It's a one-day-at-a-time process.


Lookin' good, Grandma! Keep up the good work!

Pyro Man joined us for Thanksgiving this year and it was nice to spend several days with him. He joined our Grandma visits, braved the stores for a bit of Christmas shopping, and helped with our Turkey Two dinner. Our family usually does a second Thanksgiving the Friday after Thanksgiving, hence why it's been dubbed Turkey Two. Our dinner got moved to Saturday, but we still had the usual suspects around our table: The Parentals, Captn' Pat, Big Sister and her husband, our friend Giesla, and Pyro Man. Turned out to be a pretty good meal and best of all, I got to spend it with some of my favorite people.

By the way, did you miss the opening of the Macy's Day Parade? Elf: The Musical presented one of their numbers and I'm proud to say one of my professors is the assistant choreographer! I wish so much I could see the entire show, this is one of my favorite Christmas flicks!

Alright, everyone, hope you have a good start to this new week and had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Me, I'm going to crank up the Christmas music and start planning my holiday shopping!

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh Iam glad your grandmother is feeling better I will keep her and your family in my prayers! I hope they figure out whats wrogn so she can get better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...