Friday, October 1, 2010

Hodge-Podge Happy October Post!

It's October! Hallelujah! I thought I would never survive long enough to see this month! Two weeks from today, my thesis production, Imagine This!, will open! It's a one time performance that I have literally poured blood, sweat, and a lot of tears into. Four more rehearsals and then it's tech week. I'm anxious to see it on stage! If you find yourself in OKC on the 15th, you should come see it!

Breast Cancer Awareness Month has begun! Apparently, this is the 25th anniversary for this special month long salute. According to Susan G. Komen Foundation, every 69 seconds, a woman dies of breast cancer. Ladies, go get yourself checked out and men, too! It doesn't just affect women. There are so many ways you can help support this tremendous organization and help fund the research to find a cure. Stop by a local Panera and grab one of their special Pink Ribbon bagels supporting Breast Cancer Awareness.



Cherries, carnberries, honey, vanilla and brown sugar! Yum! Or try getting some exercise and Race for the Cure this month. Save the ta-ta's!

Today also marks the opening day of hunting season--I know Pyro Man is stoked. Good luck to all the hunters (and huntresses) out there! I went on my first hunting adventure last December and it was definitely an adventure--hope I get to go again! Although, I can't say that sitting in a deer blind at the butt crack of dawn, freezing my tuchus off sounds like an ideal vacation at this very moment. Maybe in three or four weeks when the thesis production chapter is closed.

In honor of this brand new October month, I've got chili planned for dinner and pumpkin bread fixin's ready to bake this weekend. I absolutely love this month! The fall season really comes out which means I can wear boots and sweaters and pull out my scarves! Gorgeous fall colors of reds, golds, and oranges are everywhere and anywhere you go, it smells like fall. That crisp cool smell mixed with a spiced aroma--it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Delicious recipes that embody the flavor of fall is just about all I ever want to have right now. Halloween is around the corner meaning holiday movies, great costumes, and precious trick-or-treaters. I love it. Makes my heart happy.

Texas/OU weekend right now--Yup, I'm sporting the burnt orange today. I can honestly say I never paid much attention to college football, still don't, but I've embraced this particular game since moving to Oklahoma. See, when I got here, almost every car donned the long horn stickers turned upside down. And I must sheepishly admit that I had no clue what it was for a good month. Maybe I live under a rock, but this rivalry was all sorts of new to me. Because I am blessed to be a Texas native, born and raised in the great state, I have endured no end of grief every Texas/OU weekend. It's just what happens. I understand the jealousy so I can't say I blame these poor Okies one bit.

After being razzed on for my Lone Star State affiliation, I thought it was only fair to truly own up to this honor and embrace my Texas roots by pulling out the UT gear. Dad graduated from UT so it's a way of supporting him I suppose...even though he doesn't bleed orange. Actually, good majority of family supports Texas Tech. Big Sister went to Tech for Law school. Pyro Man went to Tech and is a die hard fan. So his family. Hmmm. I must be an oddball. Whatever, either way, this weekend I say hook 'em! \ m /

Last little note for today's blog, I got great news from Pyro Man the other day. I'm so excited about this, I can hardly stand it--we're taking a trip in December to go visit his family in England! Yay! I've had the pleasure of visiting with part of his family while they were in Texas the past two summers so I'm thrilled to see them again! I had been talking about taking a vacation after graduation when Pyro Man suggested we visit his family. Be still my heart. England?!

Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go to England. It's one of those places on your list. You know the list. The one where you write down everything you want to do and everywhere you want to go. Some people call it a "Bucket List." Anyway, England is right up there and his family is sweet enough to invite us over. I've never been out of the states and I'm really looking forward to going, especially with Pyro Man. What a neat opportunity and I'm grateful we're able to go! Yay, new adventure!

This is a quite a hodge-podge of information in this post. Guess you just got a tiny glimpse into my thought process these days. Oops. Forgive me. I could write about the eight million other things that flash through my brain, but I'll let you live a blissful existence without that knowledge. Happy October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...