Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's September!

And therefore I believe it's the beginning of the fall season! Autumn! How I love thee!



I can see myself now, driving down this road on a bright, crisp morning dressed in a warm red sweater and brown boots, looking like I just walked out of a Ralph Lauren ad.

But seriously, I wish I lived in a place where the world looked like it was on fire in brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows during the fall season. I want to go to a pumpkin patch this year!



I want to drink warm apple cider and bake pumpkin bread! I want to make my pumpkin pancakes again, too! And pumpkin cheesecake! OH and I can't wait to make all those warm homey meals that just make you feel so cozy!OK, I'm on a food roll here...but I can see myself, curled up in my favorite chair in my favorite warm comfy clothes, glasses on, hair a mess, and covered with my furry blanket. Honey would be there nestled next to my legs sleeping soundly (or running around like a maniac) and I'd have a hot bowl of chili/stew/soup/chicken and dumplings in hand watching a favorite fall movie.

I want to jump into a giant pile of leaves like this kid, full of gusto!



Can't you just see it? Eyes wild with excitement as I plunge into the crunchy mountain of foliage! Tongue hanging out...wait...maybe I'm channeling Piper...hmmm...

There's nothing like the fall. The change in the weather, the crisp nip of wind blows past giving you a small shiver, but yet, you can still feel the warmth of the sun on your cheek, trying desperately to stick around before winter comes.
I also love spring time--maybe it has something to do with the process of change. Either way, both spring and fall always tend to be wonderful seasons for me.

I'm such a romantic when it comes to seasons in general. I love getting into whatever typical seasonal activity is required, especially the fall months. Someday I would love to visit the New England area in the fall to see what a beautiful autumn is like. It's just such a wonderful season because of its great colors, good food, best clothes, fabulous smells and best of all, holidays. Come on, Halloween, THANKSGIVING, Christmas! Three major holidays all in one season! Can't beat that. This year, I plan to really get into the spirit of them all (Mainly because my thesis will be done and I can actually enjoy them again)!

But for now, I'm going to have to deal with the 90-something degree weather for a few more weeks before it cools down...on the 23rd of September. Doesn't mean I begin to mentally prep for the seasonal change!

Happy September everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...