Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goodbye Dear Summer

Summertime is over--my five week break has come to an end, but luckily enough I have the excruciatingly hot weather to remind me of the summer season for at least another month or so.

I was trying to figure all the things I did this summer to remind myself that yes, I do indeed have activities outside of school. It was actually pretty fun to think of everything I did! So here is my Summer Sum Up!

I went to Disney for the first time with my best friend, Karley!



It was incredibly wonderful to catch up with her and spend time at her workplace, which is none other than the Happiest Place on Earth! She took me to Cocoa Beach with our friend and sorority sister, Sara! I did get my beach time in there!



I survived my one on one classes this summer and with the help of some caring professors, learned a few life lessons in there as well. I had my first wreck. Wah-wah. That was not so much fun, but now I know and the experience is over.

I worked Mary Kay again this summer, flitting about in the audience and inviting them to conga with me!




I got to spend some time with Pyro Man--I believe we had about eight visits this summer is pretty darn good.



He came to see the Mary Kay show, but alas, he did not work it this year. In fact, bet you didn't know that's how we met just one year ago!



We spent lots of time with each other's family which is always fun! I got to go with him and help on one of his fireworks shows. Almost witnessed him be set a flame...



I'd like to preface that this particular situation does not occur often if ever, but yes. Yes, I almost nearly had a panic attack there on site. Fortunately, I stayed firmly planted where he told me to and just watched as all the blood drained straight to my feet.

He took me fishing for my first time in oh...almost twenty years. I felt the fish bite, but no luck for me. Got better at casting though. He caught a couple which was neat for me to see a big mouth bass up close, but not personal. I'm not to the touching stage yet.

I got to spend time with my best friend, Esther! She was back in town for the summer and fortunately just made the big move to Big D! Yay!

My Grandmother also moved to Dallas and I blogged about the approach of her arrival. It was nice getting to see the family and all say goodbye together.



I got my orange kitty, Honey!!




She's a treat and I miss her much! Right now she's probably terrorizing the rest of family and trying to launch herself onto Mom's dress dummy. She sticks like velcro to the cloth dummy, it's hysterical! I celebrated my precious pup's 6th birthday!




Hard to believe she's already 6! That's 42 in dog years! Good gravy!

What else did I do this summer? Oh yeah! I went to the Michael Buble concert! Ah! Heaven! I about died right there in my seat! Mom, Big Sister, and I all went for Mom's birthday! We had such a good time!

I got to spend loads of time with my family, something I really enjoy. Whether it was having a big meal together, stuffing cowboy cards all day, shopping endlessly for costumes, or watching a Frisco Rough Riders game together, I had a splendid time with all of them. I wish I could have more time.

And last, but certainly not least, I have continually worked on my thesis. I'm on a roller coaster and this whole summer has been like the first five seconds of the ride where the cart takes you up, up, up to the top of the first drop. I'm hanging on the edge this week, waiting to take the first plunge with the audition this coming Tuesday. It's exhilarating, nerve-wracking, exciting, thrilling, a tad bit nauseating, but above all, a wonderful learning experience that I am appreciating so much.

Here's to you, Summertime! You're different every year, bringing new excitements to my life and I greatly appreciate the happy break you give me. I'll be seeing you next year and this time, NO SCHOOL! Yahoo! Happy Hump Day, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...