Friday, April 3, 2009

Blast From the Past

Yesterday as I'm finalizing appointments, signing off on emails and cleaning out the work inbox at Visitor Services someone ask me about a particular student that's coming to campus this Friday, today. Immediately I freeze in place, swivel around and say the name again: "Taylor Greer? OH MY GOSH! I KNOW HER!" You can only imagine my excited outburst probably scared the beejeezus out of some poor unsuspecting soul.

Turns out one of my old dance studio friends, Taylor, is interested in OCU and came up for a visit. I can't tell you just how happy it made--I swear I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day just thinking of part of my past catching up to my present. While being here I've run into many people I've had some history with. Logan and Peyton from high school and two others, Tony Smith and Alyssa Fox from my years at Kimberlin and Austin. Yeah, its always nice running into people you haven't seen since you last worse Keds and braces, but this was special to me. This is someone who's continuing on what I kept up with: dance.

Not only that but she actually finished out a childhood dream I gave up on. In some ways I'm sorry I did and in some ways I'm not--everything happens for a reason and if I hadn't done my stint at ADA who knows what I would have done. Whatever the outcome might have been, I'm pretty satisfied with life right now.

There's something to be said about sharing a passion and a love for an activity that's was different from sharing a school subject. Anyone I've had the opportunity to dance with is someone I automatically feel somewhat connected to. Maybe that's because I understand the hard work that goes into it and heart you have to have in it. Or maybe I just got excited about seeing an old friend and family that reminded me of my roots. Really I could analyze it and come up with 50, 000 different ways to look at it. Either way, it was a plesant surprise for my past to blow into my present day life.

Happy Friday to you all! It's Relay for Life tonight so if you're reading and feel like donating, check out my facebook page--we'll be taking money til the end of the year! Hope you all can make it out, too! On the note, I'll share a little happy with you :

Stand By Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...